Tuesday 14 June 2011

FREESTYLE KAYAK COMPETITION, LIENZ

Last weekend the Austrian Championships in freestyle kayaking were held in Lienz. This is our favourite freestyle event in which we participate every year. Last year they organized the European Championships there as well.

We came Wednesday evening. Two days training were enough for us because we know this play spot quite well. It is not that easy and especially beginners face problems. Peter and I were doing well during the competition and ended up on 1st place taking home the prize money. We were also working as judges so it was quite a tough day.

I don’t know what is easier to judge your boyfriend or paddle the final. The men’s had a very exciting final and all of them did well. I was very happy that Peter won of course. I was also very satisfied with my final ride. Last year during the European Championships I had really bad rides so I wanted to do much better this time. With my first final ride I scored the phonics monkey air loop and cartwheel, which was very good for that hole.

We were very happy to be both winners. This event was considered as preparation for the “big event”, the World Championships. Now we are in the Platting training for it.

Keep your fingers cross. I pray, that we will be as successful as we were in Lienz.

Check out the video.

See you in Plattling.


Nina


No comments: