Monday, 22 March 2010
This weekend we (Me and my friend Vlado) spend on the famous Plattling hole. Famous because next 2 years its gone be busy with big competitions like World cup and World championship. After longer time the weather started to be nice again so we had good chance to test our new Stealth also in Plattling. The boat feels incredible in the holes and reacts very quickly on every stimuli of the kayaker. It allows you to do the moves quicker, faster and also stays in the holes very easy. Phoenix monkey and MC nasty is so easy to do as never before. I couldn’t be happier how the boat works.I can’t wait to go kayaking again.
Wednesday, 17 March 2010
We arrived at 8.30 pm and after a misunderstanding with our driver, who actually wasn’t there to wait us, we found one guy who took us to Hairy Lemon. It is very difficult to get there without the right guy because no one knows where it is. After 6 hours driving and two long stops (our driver still needed something like go to service for one hour) we finally got there. But we didn’t know that they have started locking the boat. So we had to paddle in our small kayaks with all the bags on the other side of the river in the middle of night. It was a quite scary experience ;O).
Next morning we woke up to sunny day. We were excited and hurried up to paddle. In the morning the water was quite low but good enough for club wave. In the evening the Nile special was running but only with the rope.
Peter was the most excited of us. He brought his new boat to Uganda for testing it there the first time. He designed this boat himself for Vajda canoe&kajaks company. After his first ride he was so excited that he was talking all the time just about the new boat!
We had training twice a day but after one week we needed to make a break. Peter got sick - I think he brought it from cold Europe - and I also got sick because of him. We moved to Bujagali and stayed there for while. Each day we did one section a couple of times and enjoyed the local cuisine. I was very happy and surprised that I met there so many African friends and they still remembered me.
After few days we got well again and could move down to Hairy lemon again. We trained and enjoyed the waves every day. I learnt and improved some new tricks and I was very happy about it. Unfortunately our friend Tomo got malaria so we were a little bit worried about him. But the next day he was fit again like nothing happened ;O).
We have been in Uganda three times before but we never had such a strange weather there. The island used to be very sunny and untroubled by rain, even if it was raining in whole Uganda. This year we had one week of rain and storms. It was strange but it didn’t take away our passion for paddling.
After one month of great time spending on this amazing river we had to fly back home. Quite sad we left this paradise but next year we will be back again for sure!
Tuesday, 16 March 2010
Wednesday, 10 March 2010
Tuesday, 9 March 2010
If you want to spin , cartwheel , blunt so easy and quick like never before than this is the right choice for you. The Stealth from Vajda will be your dream boat for sure.
The boat was create specially for the future competitions like Worlds on Plattling or Europeans in Lienz.
- • Cartwheels – the boat is very stabile in vertical rotations for all the wheels you can imagine.
• Loops – there is lot of volume situated around the kayaker so the boat pops very big.
• Sticks all the moves easy ( wave / hole )
• Fast – thanks the new materials and the weight it is 20% faster in every rotation , with less energy claims
Front hull shape
• Designed for speed in surfing and for big pumps in the wave.
• Slightness facilitate all the hard moves like MC nastys or Phoenix monkeys
- • Thanks to flat surface the boat have incredible speed
• The stiffness of the materials is working well to , the bottom don’t starts to vibrate and slowing down the boat.
• The boat feels awesome by carving , but on the other way they are getting softer in the back of the boat so all the big tricks are very easy to stick in the waves or holes.
Back hull shape
- • Designed for easy landings in the wave.
• It never was so easy to jump all the moves from the backs surf like on this boat.
• Well-distributed displacements making the boat stabile in every situation.
- • Vacuum carbon technology
• 7,6 kg weight opens new dimensions in freestyle kayaking
• Comfortable cockpit for feet and knees
• No screws so no water inside • Ultra light and comfortable outfitting
- • There will be 2 sizes of the Stealth ( S-M , L-XL )
• Possibility of costuming the boat special for the weight of the paddler ( adding , or cutting down the volumes )
• Custom color designs are possible
- • Only Racing Pro construction • Price is 1420.- € (without VAT, Exwork Bratislava) • Simple 2 colors designs are included in the price, custom color design will be charged
Peter Csonka with help from Vajda group designed this boat specialized for competing and for people they want to go bigger as ever before. This boat is the gun for future competitions. It is opening a new era of freestyle kayaking. We tried to build a boat which you try once you don’t want to paddle any other boat and we made it!!! So enjoy the boat like the boat designer, World championships silver medalist Peter Csonka..