Tuesday 30 June 2009

2. euro cup in Slovakia- Cunovo

Second euro cup was held in our local spot in Cunovo. We were much pleasured to welcome all Europeans paddlers here. Most of them they never were in Slovakia so we wanted to make them feel good in our small country. After rebuilding hole in winter and making the small improvements in last week the hole was ready for event. Some paddlers came in Monday right after 1.st euro cup in Plattling but most of them came during Thursday and Friday. The forecast for weekend wasn’t very good but it didn’t make us sad. After getting ready everything for event we started in Friday with free trainings. Saturday at 10 started qualifications for every category and than semifinal for men. After this we had competition- Slovak cup in kayak cross in R2. Evening every paddler went to local restaurant and party could started. Concert, cheap beer and good paddle friends and party witch ended up at the morning. At Sunday weather was better and even sun was shining! We started with C1 category, K1JM and than came my turn. My first ride was quite good, not like in final in plattling, so I became glad. Therefore I could try in my next rides for harder moves. My second ride I started with Phonics Monkey but I didn’t make it. It the last ride I tried it again and finally I made it! Than I had still some time for loop and cartwheels and in the end I scored 300points which is my record in competitions! I was really happy. 2.place took Katya Kulkova (RUS) and 3th was Lenka Borovickova (CZE). After K1W started men’s final. It was really exciting. The level between guys was really high and they showed their best. Peter knows our hole really good so his all three rides were super high scored. The Mc’nasty to both sides and also Ponics Monkey to both sides was the basic for guys to get to top three. Peter on top of it added both Tricky woo, Felix and Loop and first place was his for sure. Second best ride had James Bebbington (GBR) and third was Jan Spindler (CZE). After this thrilling final we had a kayak croos which was a big fun. Almost every freestyle paddler took part also in this competition and I can say that many of them were better than the ‘’long boat paddlers”. Every one was curious for Prize giving ceremony because no one know result before. I want say big thanks to Adidas for helping us with super cool prizes.



















Thanks for the pictures to : Jan Rusnak , Matej Fabianek , Peter Smolinsky , Hanka Bubnikova

See you

Nina & Peter

No comments: